Students MUST be advised before registering for the semester. Be on the lookout for advising announcements from the department via the listserv so you know when it’s time to come in and see your faculty advisor. The time and day you can register for classes will be according to your credits. You can check your registration day and time here. Please keep in mind you can be advised before you can officially register so please do not wait to see your advisor.
The department will be using Google Calendar instead of sign up sheets. When it’s time for advising to begin, you will receive an email containing a link to your advisor’s advising appointments. Simply select an appointment time and hit save.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CALENDAR IS ON EASTERN STANDARD TIME. This can be changed in calendar settings.
Also- make sure that you’re using Google calendar through your UMBC email address (ends in umbc.edu not gmail.com).
You should get an email notification once your appointment is made (so will your advisor). Notifications can be adjusted. If you need to cancel your appointment- please do so on your calendar and “notify all guests” of your cancellation so your advisor is aware.
If you do not receive an email with a link, please stop by the department or call to make sure you have an advisor. You cannot register for Fall or Spring courses until you have had advising.
If you have trouble using the calendar or have any questions, please feel free to the main office!
Use the following form to plan out a potential schedule for your advising appointment. Students that are unprepared for their advising appointment may be asked to reschedule.
It is mandatory that all current Social Work Majors subscribe to this email list.
To join the Social Work Listserv:
- Go to https://lists.umbc.edu/lists/subscribe/sowk
- If you are a member of the UMBC community then please enter your FULL UMBC e-mail address (i.e. email@example.com). If you are not a member of the UMBC community then please enter the email address with which you wish to subscribe to the list.
- Click ‘Subscribe’
- Enter your myUMBC password.
- Click ‘Subscribe’
- You are now signed up to receive important department updates and information from the ….. Social Work Department!
To remove yourself :
- Go to: https://lists.umbc.edu/lists/signoff/sowk
- Please provide your email address for your unsubscription request.
- Click ‘Unsubscribe’
- You are no longer on the mailing list for the Social Work Department.